Friday, August 7, 2009

I live in Saudi Arabia so we don't go out in the sun because of the heat, do my children need to


I live in Saudi Arabia so we don't go out in the sun because of the heat, do my children need to?
How long should I try to take them outside for everyday? And what is a good time?
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would say atleast 15 minutes a day. Your body gets helpful vitamins from the sun in that amount of time. The suns rays are hottest from 10 am-4 pm. Just make sure and use plenty of sunscreen, of course :)
2 :
Yes they do need sun,best time will be before 11 o'clock on the morning,and after 4pm and this should happen daily for about 20 min,I know its so hard on Saudi Arabia even to sit with them on the balcony,but you can give them vitamin D,to make up for the sun exposition Good Luck
3 :
I live in Costa Rica, Central America (similar latitude?). Its safer to avoid sun at noon, 3 hours before and after. Anyway, kids should to play and exercise outdoors at least an hour a day.
4 :
Morning or evening, but I wouldn't durring midday. Getting some sun is good, it is good for our bodies. An hour or two a day would be best. Don't forget sunscreen, sun lotion, or something like that.
5 :
i tell them only to go out when you shadow is shorter then you... kids understand that. that is your cooler times







Read more discussions :