Saturday, January 21, 2012

History of Saudi Arabia from 3000 BC to 1 AD


History of Saudi Arabia from 3000 BC to 1 AD?
Sorry, but I got no good answers in history when I asked this, so I am going to try and ask it here. I am hoping someone knows something about Saudi Arabia's history. Which cultures or civilizations existed in Saudi Arabia between the years 3000 BC and 1 AD? What land did they occupy from the now Saudi Arabia. Was the civilization a superpower at all in the region? Were there just tribes living in Saudi Arabia during those times, if so, then which ones? Thanks for answering! I am really wanting to learn about the history of this world, and Saudi Arabia is a place that I want to learn about first. I will be moving onto the rest of the Middle East, and then to Africa afterwards. Thanks for answering! By the way, this is not homework, I am putting it here, because I am hoping someone will have the answer. Can I get a well thought out answer please. Thanks for answering!
Homework Help - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sand, camels, silk road, dates, olive oil, discovering zero, discovering Math, discovering Astronomy
2 :
pretty uninteresting seeing as the area has been essentially a desrt. various semitic tribes occupied the area - most nomadic. touaregs, berbers, arabs, and so on. no great kindoms as such. Sena was reasonably importnat (in current Yemen) the goldsmiths of Zimbabwe were reputed to have come from there (they were Jews who later became the Lemba tribe in South Africa and who are now wanting Israeli citizenship).





Read more discussions :