Thursday, January 14, 2010

Any American Muslims who live in Saudi Arabia or another Arab country and do you like it


Any American Muslims who live in Saudi Arabia or another Arab country and do you like it?

Ramadan - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My husband visited Dubai this summer , he said its very beautiful, English is spoken everywhere, and the signs are in english, its clean, and the people are nice enough, but its very touristy, all the good jobs are held by nationals, and they import pakistanis, Chinese, russians, to do the labor you should visit, my husband says its awsome, Meg
2 :
OMG! if i had a choice whether to stay here in America or to stay in the middle east, i would soooooooo go for the middle east! you at times like this, like in Ramadan, the cities are sooo lively! you can feel the excitment in the air. you hear the athan, and the khutbahs everywhere. And when eid comes, you hear takbirs and things, and its so cool, at night, no one's asleep! Not to mention the hospitality you get as a guest, but i stayed there for a year, and i seriously loved it!
3 :
Yes I like it. I would love to live in the Middle East, It may be a little different because I was born and rasiedi n NY and lived here my whole life. My parents are from Pakistan. I'm not really impressed by that city, but in many places in Pakistan and other countries, it is SOO CLEAN and beautiful! You can feel all the excitement during RAMADAN!! It is the best! Here in the states, you can't even tell it is Ramdan unless you go to iftaari's at the masjid. I would love to wake up to the masjid's azan for fajr....It is beautiful. I want to go there one day. AUTHENTIC BELIEVER: if u read, which you probably won't...i wanted to just say it isoo true wht u said about it being so lively and beautiful....email me if u can thru my YA page...i can email u bc it is not allowed on ur YA page.
4 :
No but I'm going to Saudi with my Saudi husband maybe in 10 months. No I don't like the idea much since I don't like heat and don't like humidity but I don't have much choice.
5 :
Well, I´m a Canadian Muslim, if that counts, but I have spent time in the Middle East, well, specifically, Palestine, Morocco and much in Turkey (and am planning to move there). So even if I don´t technically qualified to answer this, I will anyway. One finds a very different look at life in such countries, apart from weather, food and language. The society, even in more "secular" areas, still largely bases its thinking patterns on a more spiritual / religious attitude than in N.America. This is very refreshing. You can make out of living there what you want - as far as everyday life goes, one still must do the groceries, take out the garbage and send the kids off to school. But there are more opportunities for a practicing Muslim to take advantage of there, and indeed , the real possibilty that this very N.American convert might finally find a place to call home! As I heard once - "Home is where you don´t have to explain yourself".





Read more discussions :