Friday, December 7, 2012

My Fiance wants me to move to Saudi Arabia, to live in the American Compound. I don't know if I should go


My Fiance wants me to move to Saudi Arabia, to live in the American Compound. I don't know if I should go.....
Hi, My name is Tameka. My Fiance got a civilian contracting position in Saudi Arabia. He wants me to move there (along with our 3 children) to live in the American Compound.. Can someone give me some insight.. I live in the U.S. and I am kinda scarred to move there. Safety is a big issue for me, especially since I have my children that will be going as well. Am I stressing for no reason? Or, should I stay in the U.S. during his contract. I have a tattoo on my left hand of a cross, and I know that this country is prodominantly Islamic. I really hate being seperated from my Fiance, but I need reassurance that this is a good idea. Is it anything like Iraq or Afhganistan? Can someone please help me with this situation? The contract from what I know would be at least 1 year. We would definitely get married before going over there (that's if I go)... What would be the pros and cons?
Other - Politics & Government - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Saudi Arabia is possibly the most violent, intolerant, despicable country in the world. Stay where you are.
2 :
how long is the contract? and how well do you do in a confined area? as long as you stay on the compound and you don't mind being a homebody, you'll be plenty safe probably... but if living like that bothers you and you're the type of person that likes to go other places and run around a lot... probably not the best place for you...
3 :
I don't envy your making this very difficult decision. I know that I would not go to Saudi Arabia because you would be limited to the American compound just as though you were in jail. If you left the compound (I am not sure you can) you would have to wear a burka and a sheet covering your body. In other words you would have to conform to the Muslim code of dress. Remember, Saudi Arabia is the heart of the Islamic religion and they are VERY strict. It would not be fun. In fact, I would think that it would be agony. What about the children? They would go to an American school....what kind of school? How good is it? I wish you good fortune but I would stay in the good old USA.
4 :
The people who think Saudi Arabia is a bad place are ignorant.It's not bad.It's just too hot and their women have to wear burkas.Here's a suggestion: Instead move to Iran where people are open-minded and they love foreigners.It's beautiful and modern in Iran.You will def love it there. :)
5 :
Women are not respected there, and I certainly would not go to Iran when there is the possibility of Israel attacking them. If it were me I'd stay out of the volatile middle east.






Read more discussions :