Saturday, February 7, 2009

Which are among the best cities in Saudi Arabia to live in


Which are among the best cities in Saudi Arabia to live in?
Well, I am in a very interesting situation Allah planned. I am thinking about living Saudi Arabia in the future (inshallah) with my fiance. So here are some basics about me and my fiance. I need to know if the people will accept us, in different parts of the country, because I know in some areas people are more conservative than others. Anyway, I am a Caucasian Muslim, who speaks fluent English, and Italian, and I don't speak very good arabic. My fiance a Pakistani Muslim, who speaks fluent Urdu and English, but also speaks very little Arabic. She wants to be a doctor is Saudi, and I want to be a Chef in Saudi. (I'm not sure if this helps the answerer at all but I am just giving you the background) Anyway I am very attracted to the Ocean, I love the sea, and I love Palm Trees, I need a nice place where we can settle down and be at peace, I'm not saying a tiny village, I am fine with a City but are there any places in Saudi someone can suggest? Thank you. Salam Alykum
Saudi Arabia - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Detroit.
2 :
It sounds like Jeddah would be a good place for you, or the eastern province where the oil industry is focussed and there are a lot of international hotels. but i think you have a few issues to overcome first. 1. you'll need a job offer from a local sponsor in order to get the relevant visa 2. It may not be a requirement, but it will be viewed very badly if you and your fiancee are not married 3. Your fiancee can pretty much forget about getting a job except maybe in a western run hospital - but without arabic... 4. Unemployment is a huge problem in Saudi at the moment so you'll need to persuade them youre unique Good luck habibi. Al hamdulillah
3 :
staying at ur country is the best thing u do ur fiance the same :D al saudi al in ur dreams they dont need more indians and pakistani's out there :D
4 :
Go for Jeddah or eastern province. Riyadh is too conservative man. Btw you need to marry your fiance first , so that you both can come here as husband and wife :). Good luck.
5 :
Jeddah is a very nice place to live for you and your fiance:)
6 :
.......Al-Khobar, Dammam, Riyadh and Jeddah are good places for foreigners to live and stay for work....
7 :
either Jeddah in the west, or Khobar in the East... both are very vibrant westernized cities (not villages) very modern and you can find anything you want.. but the main issue ive seen no one address here is.. you cannot come here with a fiance.. You have to be married to cohabit here.. Islam is very strict about premarital relations.. We dont have open dating in Islam.. There is no way your fiance can come with you and live with you.. She could apply for employement seperatly.. and live seperately until you get married.. so best for you to get married prior to coming here.. but both your jobs are fine jobs and you should have no trouble finding employment here.. welcome!
8 :
Jeddah is probably best for you. Khobar is nice also.
9 :
Well I would say that Jeddah on the red sea or Al Khobar on the gulf would be good places for you. Riyadh has the most variety as far as shopping and restaurants go but its more conservative and its not by the water. However as a caucasian Muslim you would probably be accepted and welcomed anywhere in the kingdom, most of the people here are very supportive of western muslims. Now I do have to be very honest with you and I really don't know how to say this in a nice way. A LOT of people here openly look down on south asian people. I know that no one likes to be called prejudice but its a fact of life especially here. Also there are not too many positions for chefs here maybe only 3 or 4 restaurants in the kingdom have professional chefs most of the restaurants here just have low paid cooks from third world countries. And do remember that as Mintee mentioned you cannot live with your fiance or sponsor her to come here unless you 2 actually have your marriage contract done. I'm not trying to be mean I'm really not I just want you to know the facts before you come here.
10 :
jeddah, it has many westerners like you, it is only 45 minutes or so away from Makkah. jeddah has everyting, different varieties of people. it's the most open city in saudi.







Read more discussions :